The call for abstracts for the Prevocational Forum 2023 has now closed and late submissions will not be accepted. We have received an amazing amount of abstracts this year and we thank you for your interest in our Forum and your submission. We will be back in contact in early September to advise if you are successful.
|Early Bird Registrations Open||Friday 12 May 2023|
|Early Bird Registrations Close||Friday 15 September 2023|
Click here to view and download the Prevocational Forum 2023 abstract themes.
Abstract Submission Portal
Format of Presentation
The Forum Organising Committee is looking forward to presenting a technically strong program for the Prevocational Forum and welcomes you, the contributor, to assist us to achieve this aim.
At the time of submission, you will be asked to select your preferred presentation type. Not all requests can be accommodated, and the final presentation type will be selected by the Scientific Committee.
The Prevocational Forum 2023 will include presentation types as follows:
The number of Oral Presentations able to be accommodated in the program is limited and presentations will be selected by the Scientific Committee. The duration for oral presentation will be advised to the presenters at the time of selection.
The Poster Presentations will be displayed on poster boards. They will be static displays without any audio-visual equipment. Poster presentations will be on display in the poster presentation area.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Step 1: Click the ‘Click here to submit button’ above.
Step 2: You will be directed to the submission site to create an account. Once an account is created, please verify the account by clicking on the link provided via the account verification email sent to your nominated email address. Please check your ‘junk folder’ if not received.
Step 3: Log in to your account after it has been verified using your email address as username and your nominated password. Please complete your user profile by selecting ‘Edit My Profile’ prior to submitting your abstract. Do note that your photo and biography will be displayed on the Forum mobile app if selected for presentation, thus please include relevant details you wish to be included.
Step 4: Click on the ‘Submit Abstract’ button to begin submitting your abstract.
Step 5: Select your requested presentation type, then type the title of your abstract in the ‘Paper Title’ field, download the Abstract Format document and use this to create your abstract using the headings provided. Your submission should be no longer than 300 words. Do not include the title or author(s) details in the body of your abstract. Complete all other fields, noting those labelled with a (*) symbol must be filled.
Step 6: Save your Abstract file document and then upload it into the Abstract File. Complete the other required details including your email, Organisation name and the theme your abstract most aligns with. Then Click ‘Preview and Submit’ to submit your abstract.
Please direct any questions to the Prevocational Forum 2023 Forum Managers email@example.com
Abstract Format and Layout Guidelines
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts must not exceed a 300-word limit. The word limit relates only to the text of the abstract and does not include title, authors and institutions.
- Use single line spacing.
- Only 1 table or figure permitted.
- Abstracts must be free of typographical and grammatical errors.
- Standard abbreviations may be used for common terms only. Otherwise, any abbreviation should be given in brackets after the first full use of the word. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
- You will be asked to provide a short biography (up to 150 words) with your submission.
- Please include degrees or professional titles (e.g. Dr, Prof., etc).
- It is the author’s responsibility to ensure the title, author, and affiliation details entered in the paper submission site are correct and exactly as they should be published on the abstract and all Forum materials.
- Under results, please specify the number of subjects used in the study/experiments and P values.
- When adding images:
– Instead of inserting excel into the word document add as a screenshot or image
– right click on the image and set up wrap text as through.
General Policies and Requirements
- The presenting author will be required to register for the Forum in order to ensure their abstract(s) is included in the final program.
- All submissions must be completed electronically via the online submission facility. If you are unable to submit in this manner, please contact the Forum Managers at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided. Abstracts will only be accepted if submitted within the format and layout guidelines.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts that may be submitted by an individual. However, splitting of a body of work into multiple abstracts is discouraged and consolidation into one abstract is preferred.
- Authors are required to acknowledge that by submitting an abstract, permission is automatically given for the abstract (if approved) to be made available on the website and via the app, and published more broadly.
The Scientific Committee will review all submitted abstracts and assess them in relation to quality and relevance to the Forum themes. Notifications of acceptance will be sent via email to the submitting author on Monday 11 September 2023.
All presentations are required to link to the Forum Topics
The Forum Managers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How do I know if my abstract was successfully received? If there are any incomplete steps, you will not be able to submit your abstract. Please complete all required fields marked with a red asterisk before submitting your abstract. You will be able to view proof of your abstract when you click on the Submit button. You will also receive a confirmation email from the system following the successful submission of your abstract.
- Is there a word limit imposed on the abstract title? Yes, the abstract title must not exceed 20 words.
- Is there a word limit imposed on the abstract text? Yes, the abstract text must not exceed 300 words. The word count does not include the title, authors’ names, or their affiliations which are entered in separate fields when submitting.
- Should I put the abstract title, authors, and affiliations in the body of my abstract? These items will be collected separately during the abstract submission process.
- Can I change my selected theme after I complete my submission? Yes, you may return to your submission at any time prior to the abstract submission deadline of Sunday 23 July 2023 to change the selected theme. Be sure to save your changes and resubmit your abstract.
- What is the abstract deadline? Sunday 23 July 2023 (11:59 p.m. AWST).
- If I forget to add an author can I do so after the abstract deadline? Yes, you can still add an author if necessary, by emailing email@example.com. However, please make every attempt to add all authors during the abstract submission.
- When I submit my abstract, how do I indicate my presentation type (oral or poster)? You will be asked to indicate your preference at the time of submission. While every attempt will be made to meet your preference, the number of abstracts that can be selected for oral presentation is limited. The Scientific Committee makes the final decision regarding the presentation
- Is there a limit on the number of co-authors that I can add to my abstract? No
- If I make a mistake during the abstract submission process, do I need to start a new submission? You can make changes to your abstract submission at any time prior to the deadline of Sunday 23 July 2023 by logging into your eOrganiser Account and selecting the Edit button. Be sure to save your changes and resubmit your abstract.